I must admit, Christmas is not my favorite of holidays. There I said it.
I am more of a Thanksgiving and Fourth of July kind of lady. The biggest reason why is because there is so much comfort, joy, and excitement buzzing around and then come January 2nd – or whatever work/school day follows – the magic in the air fizzles and vanishes, never to return until next year. So many of us forget that comfort and joy should be with us all year! Why reserve it for 25 days out of the year? It got me thinking what brings me comfort and what brings me joy throughout the year.
Below are just 3 of my seasonal comforts throughout the year. What are yours?
- Homemade soups
- Leggings and sweaters as lounge wear
- Dinners and Gatherings with family & friends
- Opening the windows in the house for fresh, spring air
- The end of daylight savings time – Spring forward!
- The start of baseball season
- Ceiling fans
- The option for my hair to air dry
- Backyard firepits
- Root vegetables
- The scents of cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin….